Wednesday, September 5, 2012

An Introduction to Self

Hey guys,

Welcome to my blog! My name is Isaac Vincent, as the url might have eluded to. I am an Organic and Sustainable Crop Production major from the bustling city of Pace, Florida which is about 20 miles north of Pensacola. I transferred to UF this semester from a Junior College turned State College, which places me somewhere between a freshman and senior.  Along with many of you, blogging is a first for me and I feel I was born behind the times, technologically speaking. So, an umbrella of grace would be much appreciated in regards to templates, styles, and fonts. (I'll return the favor!) 
I have not always had an affinity towards the cultivation and production of horticultural crops. After I graduated high school, I spent the next half-year living and working with kids in various orphanages throughout Nicaragua. The experience was life-changing, though here is neither the time nor the place to extrapolate details. 
However, living abroad began to spark my interest in fruits and vegetables. Some of my favorite fruits are: Bananas, oranges, pineapple, grapes and strawberries. My favorite vegetables include members from the Solanaceae, Nightshade family: bell peppers, tomatoes. As well as Mustard Family members such as Broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage just to name a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment